Sunday, November 16, 2008

Maternity Leave

I had all these plans for maternity leave. I believed in my heart that Claire would not be arriving until at least a week after I had taken off of work. I had a whole page list of things I was going to do before the baby was born. I've pulled that list off a shelf a couple of times now and just laughed at my ambitiousness.

I feel like after five weeks I'm finally switching over from "survival mode" into "enjoying this adventure mode." I am beginning to differniate Claire's crys. Lola is becoming a champ at walking with the stroller making our outings far less challenging. We are falling into some semblance of a routine. Josh and I are trying to steal time here and there for talk about things other than diaper changes, burping and when the next feeding is. We have not braved a date night away from Claire yet. With eating every three hours it makes things a bit difficult.

We have made the transition to Fuzzi Bunz diapers. So far I am loving them. We have not put Claire in them for night time yet - they are still a little too big and I am therefore nervous they would leak a little - but she is wearing them during the day. She has the cutest diaper butt whem wearing them.
This weekend we attended Earth Dog Trials in Woodland. Border Terriers were bred to be ratters and go into holes after foxes during the "hunt." Earth Dog simulates a similar experience by building tunnels for the dogs to go in and rats (in a cage) at the end of the tunnel for the dogs to "work." "Working the rats" means the dog digs and barks at the caged rats for a specific period of time. Lola is in the intro division. She went right for the tunnel and the rats but didn't make a peep and therefore didn't pass. I'm not complaining at her lack of barking however.

No comments: