Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Story or 1 & 2

***Disclaimer*** The subject matter of this post may be considered by some to be a little on the order of TMI.

A story of one. Claire enjoys a bath just about every evening to help relax her before bedtime. After her bath we let Claire play around on the floor in our room before putting her pajamas and diaper on. She is fascinated with this pair of green flip flops I picked up at Marshalls years ago. She loves to put them in her mouth so I have to hide them so she doesn't. On this particular evening I had thrown my flip flops behind me into my closet. Claire played around for a few minutes and then took off into my closet in search of my shoes. As soon as she got into my closet, she sat down, peed, grabbed by shoes and crawled right back out. Thank you Claire.

A story of two. Bath time on another evening. Josh was preparing Claire for the bath and called downstairs to request the camera because he said Claire was looking particularly cute. When I got upstairs Claire was standing at the tub, all ready for the bath with her back to me and Josh was standing next to her. He started in again on how cute she was while I was thinking to myself, she's kind of making a funny face that doesn't look so cute. As I was thinking that, she turned around and there dangling from her behind was poop. Here's how the dialogue went Josh: "Isn't she cute?" Me: "Uh...not so much, she's pooping." Josh, ever the calm one in these situations: "Ahh, what do we do? Do something!" Plop on the bathmat. Now those of you that know Josh and have heard from previous posts, Josh doesn't like mess of any kind, especially the bodily kind. So he's totally cringing as he wraps his hand in TP and disposes of it. Poor Josh.

All in a day's work for a baby.

1 comment:

NicholsSouth said...

Hahahaha!! Great stories!!! Aaahh, the life of a baby...and of parents!!!