Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A new adventure

Life is an adventure.

This new year Josh and I made the decision to embrace the adventure of everyday life as well as seek out new adventures. For Josh this meant pursuing two life long goals, running a marathon and climbing a mountain. So he's currently training for the San Francisco marathon on August 3 and he's climbing Mt. Shasta with Bay Area Wilderness Training and the money he raises for the trip will pay for inner city kids to go out into the wilderness and learn survival skills. Josh is particulary excited about this because its right up his alley and something he is passionate about.

That's a lot right? What am I pursuing you might ask? Well, in February we found out we're about to embark on one of the biggest adventures of all, parenthood. (Needless to say this process will be my adventure for the year and that's just fine by me, no marathons needed here.) We are currently 12 weeks along (we're calling baby plum this week as that is the size he/she is). We're due early October and I just have this feeling this baby might be born on our anniversary. We are ecstatic and looking forward to this special time. I had my first ultrasound last week, I wish I'd had a camera for Josh's face his jaw dropped and he couldn't believe he was seeing a little baby. It was precious, of course then baby starting moving around and kicking legs and arms and Josh was like, well, looks like baby is taking after me.




So stay tuned for continued updates and more adventures, there's much more to come.

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen. "2 Peter 3:18

4 comments:

Christi said...

As the grandparents of the precious Smith Plum, we are happy to be the first on the blog. Needless to say we are thrilled to join you guys on this exciting adventure. Dad and I are exploring grandparent names for ourselves..hehehehe we have come up with some doozies. Ah and we already have great plans for the baby's first halloween. "ARRGGGG look out ya land lubbers the pirates be landin and we will be takin the little tyke for a sail."
Love,
Mom and Dad T.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Jen! I'm so excited for you! I'll be praying that everything during your pregnancy goes wonderfully! :)

Anonymous said...

I realize you don't know who peachfriz8585 is... It's Emily! :)

djwalaska said...

Congratulations!!! I am so thrilled for you. I told Janice I was jealous although I am content to wat for things to happen in the correct manner. I sill cannot beeive she managed to keep it a secret. Praying that you will have a healthy baby and a great pregnancy. Love Aunt Darla