Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I love this place!

I can walk to Trader Joes from my house. Matter of fact, you can almost spit (not that I advocate for that) and hit it. I'm less than two miles from Costco, three miles to my work , a little over that to Josh's work, we are surrounded by Safeways and Nob Hill. We live 35 minutes (without traffic) to San Francisco, three hours (give or take) to Lake Tahoe, 15 minutes to the Lafayette Resevoir, 1/2 mile to the Canal trail and less than two miles from HARVEST HOUSE.

Harvest House is a hidden local gem. Well maybe its not so hidden but it was to me until I found it about a year and a half ago. I was in search of some random ingredients for Lola's dog food (yes, call me crazy, we make her food). I don't have any idea how it came up but I mentioned looking for bonemeal, nettle leaves, kelp powder (you get the idea) and how I was trying to avoid Whole Foods (LOVE Whole Foods but we can it whole paycheck in our house). A friend from church mentioned checking out Harvest House.

Organic - Check, reasonably priced - check, random stuff - check check! You can buy carob chips (yuck) right next to the sesame seeds, dried bananas, papayas, and soy flour. Not only can I find everything I need to make Lola's grain mix but I have also found a whole host of things for our family. Probiotics for babies - check! Mineral makeup - check! Organic all natural gluten, dairy and soy free teething biscuits - check! This place has almost it all. Today my tab included barley flakes (Lola), rye flakes (Lola), rolled oats (Lola), organic, sulphur free dried apricots (Claire), teething biscuits (Claire), Local honey (Josh - apparently helps with allergies) and peanut butter chips (me - needed something a little sweet) all for the low low price of $14.00.

No comments: