Wednesday, June 4, 2008

3 Family Garage Sale...or is it

This coming weekend has been set aside for over a month as the Taylor-Smith-Marshall garage sale. We're all trying to simplify our lives and get out of the storage unit we've been sharing for the past two years. As chief purger in the family, I love orchestrating this kind of thing because it feels so good to sell and donate stuff that we no longer use or have space for. I have the added encouragement this year of adding a person to the family and who knew there is so much baby stuff out there? I want to make as much room as possible. That and I'm married to gear man (you need a javelin? we have it. Scuba equipment you say, we can help you out. Going back packing? Give us a call we've got gear to lend you. Starting a track team? We can outfit you and get you a discus and shot put to train with. ) Ok, I digress.

So we set the date, June 7th, 3 family garage sale. Early on I became aware that Brieanne and Brandon, with their packed summer schedule, would not be able to be at the actual sale. No matter, four of us will press on(baby girl smith can't carry anything or barter so at this point she doesn't figure into the count). Only this week did I realize that Josh's seventeen mile (yes that's 1-7) training run and his test are on Saturday so good bye Josh. Then my mom gently reminds me that she's happy to help and provide stuff to sell but the actual sale part is not her thing...So, its a three family garage sale with 2.5 people (my mom being the .5).

In other news, I guess you could say I've "popped" this week. Since Friday I've been getting "oh belly", "there it is", and "finally." Let me just say that since I'll be sporting this belly right through the heart of summer and for the next 19 weeks, aproximately, I was in no hurry to pop out. You can all think of me when the mercury hits 100+ around here.

Lovely Lola

Lola after her first birthday, me at 21 weeks.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, wait...that is not a belly shot! Sideways pose, so that we can really see if you have popped! :-)

Anonymous said...

In other news...good luck at the sale - I hope it is busy but manageable and that you purge three houses and the storage unit of things you do not really need.

One perk of moving so much -- I have purged many an item over the years!!