Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting into the Routine

Week two of being back at work has come and gone. Claire is now 14 weeks old and changing daily. Its 2009 and I can hardly believe it.


Our household is slipping into a routine after months of change. If you know Josh and I, this doesn't surprise you. We are incredibly predictable when it comes to our daily habits. This was actually became a joke when I was working at Tachometry. I arrived at 8:03 daily, it didn't matter if I left my house at 7:57 or 7:50 or 7:45. I grabbed a snack at 10, left for lunch at 12, returned from lunch at 1:03 and was out the door and headed home at 5. Josh and I function well in routine - we are more productive and relaxed with routine. So, I am thankful that we are falling into routine with Claire. We are learning to read her signs and cues and help her get her own schedule going.
Claire began sleeping in her own room two weeks ago. I am adjusting to life with the baby monitor and learning what sounds merit a visit to the room and what sounds I can "ignore" and return to sleep. Josh reads to her each night as I put Claire to bed. Its strange how our roles in her life evolve and I'm feeling more and more parentish every day. I remarked to Josh the first time we put her down and then returned to our evening together that today I really feel like a parent. I think going back to life together after Claire goes to sleep and getting household chores done makes me think of my family growing up and therefore, more like a parent.

Claire has many faces, I've capture just a few of them below.

No comments: