Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gnomes

As a child I mistook earring backs for Fairy crowns. One of my favorite childhood books was a compilation of stories called "Elves and Fairies." It seems that such fanciful creatures and stories have followed me into adulthood.

We live with gnomes. They turn the light on, unlock the door and the LOVE to put the toilet seat up. Monday they ventured into the realm of contact lense snatching. Now, I know what you're thinking - there is always a story when it comes to my contacts. I'm one of only a small, elite group of contact wearers that still sport gas permeable contacts.They jump out of my eyes if its too windy, pop out if I get elbowed in the face and fall out if someone hugs me a little too aggressively. Anyway, Monday was just an ordinary evening. I took my contacts out, put my glasses on and went to bed. Tuesday morning as I was getting ready for work I discovered only 1 contact in the case. Josh and I scoured the upstairs looking for it - no luck. Thankfully I have some extra contacts so I used one of them, not without some grumbling on my part - I HATE losing things. Flash forward to Wednesday evening. I'm taking my contacts out, getting ready for bed and there shining up at me from the bathroom counter is my "lost" contact.

The gnomes strike again.

No comments: