Monday, July 13, 2009

9 months old

As my sister pointed out today marks a day that Claire has spent just as much growing in the outside world as she did on the inside world. She is very curious of the world around her and alert to what is going on. Her current pastimes are "walking" around the house, pulling up on Josh or I, swimming, eating pickles and hooting like an owl.
We are FINALLY getting into the solid food thing. Yesterday she snacked on roasted red bell peppers and goat cheese mixed together. Josh couldn't believe she ate it. I had to remind him that just because he doesn't like bell peppers, doesn't mean Claire has to or will follow suit. We spent part of the morning outside playing. This is my attempt at good photos of Claire. I was channeling my sister, I even solicited tips from her before beginning our session.
Always full of expression.



Claire and Lola, buddies...that was not staged by the way.



I think she may be teething again. This feels like its been an on and off process for months. Perhaps once her teeth come through I'll be able to say what was teething and what wasn't. For now...who knows.


Lola loafing on the cool grass.



Claire "eating" my leg.

Claire is fascinated by Lola's leash. She is always trying to chew on it or "walk" Lola.

Our little owl.

Aside from how cute I think they look together, this picture cracks me up because I caught Lola mid lick..see her tongue sticking out there?

Staring off at something. I couldn't get her to look at me to save my life and then the moment she did she lunged at the camera.

No comments: