Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Visiting with Grandpa & Grandma Smith

Josh's parents came into town for a visit. While Josh worked, we went to the Solano County Fair courtesy of my grandma. Thanks Grandma!
Claire got to meet these little piglets, she was fascinated by them.Janice and Claire watched the splash dogs jump into their pool.Janice and Claire checking out the baby chicks.Does anybody remember the wuzzles? This bunny reminded me of them. If there was ever a cross between an owl and a rabbit, this is what it would look like.If any of you had any questions about Claire and teeth, let this smile answer it all for you. Nothing but the gums!On Saturday we visited the Lindsey Wildlife Museum. Josh had some passes because he's brought in a number of animals to their hospital. I hadn't been there since elementary school.Josh and Claire watching the bobcat get his food.Claire got a fire engine to play with. She and grandma were checking out all the bells and whistles on it.I've been wanting to cook fish this summer because I love it but I'm just not brave enough. So, I got up the courage to watch Janice cook fish. We had a lemon dill salmon recipe from Sunset Magazine. I thought it was delicious.

Sunday Josh ran in the San Francisco half marathon with my sister, Brandon and Brieanne's friend Tatiana. After their race, we explored Golden Gate park. Claire also got to meet Brieanne & Brandon's kitties, Ben and Stu. Unfortunately we don't have any photo evidence. Ben, true to character was standoffish and hissy (literally) and Stu, while curious about Claire, kept his distance.


Family picnic by the windmill. No better way to end a busy day than a dip in the pool, especially when the temperatures are in the 90s.



No comments: