Monday, December 15, 2008

A check up

Today Claire and I went to her two month check up. We were lucky enough to have the company of my grandmother. We did have to correct a few people who assumed that Grandma was Claire's grandmother. They were astonished to find out that no, it was her GREAT-grandmother. I think it was the girl at whole foods who commented, "oh wow...you look great." I quite agree.

Alright, I digress. So Grandma, Claire and I went to the doctor. I was a little apprehensive about the experience because we were going to be giving Claire her first vaccinations and Josh and I have decided to do an alternate schedule. I wasn't sure how the doctor would feel about that. While he seemed to prefer that I do the regular kaiser schedule, after a brief talk on the benefits of vaccinations and their safety he agreed to the vaccines that Josh and I had previously decided to give her.

Claire was a champ at the doctor. Her eyes got really wide during the shot and she let out a little "aah" but that was it for the crying. Currently she is dozing in her swing hopefully feeling relatively little pain as she has been given baby tylenol. She weighed in at 10lbs 14 oz and 23 inches. So she's gained about three pounds and two inches since birth...go girl!

No comments: