Saturday, March 28, 2009

Being a Grown Up

Last night Josh and I had a date. If you want to get super technical about it, I guess it wasn't a date because Claire was there but to me, it was a date. We've decided to finish our back patio, make it into a useable space so as the weather warms up, its a place our family wants to hang out (more on that in another post). After a late afternoon stroll through Orchard nursery, Josh and I decided to make the most of the gorgeous evening (it was like 74 degrees at 5:30 at night) beautiful and the lovely town (we were in Lafayette). We had dinner at a restaurant, Pizza Antica, that I've been eyeing ever since I read the review of it in Diablo magazine.

As we lounged on the patio sipping cherry limeades Josh turned to me and said "I feel like an adult again tonight." I quite agree with him. We've been saving our money for upcoming trips, home renovations, and let's face it to pay our mortgage so its been a long time since we enjoyed an evening out. God bless our daughter, she was an angel, completely content gnawing on her teether while relaxing in her stroller and serenading the rest of the patio. After a delicious dinner (Josh rates the pizza a seven - crust was too thin for his Chicago deep dish pizza taste, I'd give it an 8, I like fancy pizza) we strolled up and down Mt. Diablo Blvd enjoying the weather, the evening and most of all each other.

No comments: