Sunday, May 11, 2008

Baby's Room

Brieanne has been plotting the nursery since she found out we were having a baby. Even though we do not yet know the gender (9 days, not that I'm counting) we have the whole thing mostly planned out. We've decided that if its a girl we'll add more red accents (see picture below). The inspiration for the room was the book, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, a childhood favorite of mine.


A few pieces of the nursery have been up for discussion (the crib, changing table, etc). We have been doing a bit of researching on safe options for the baby. We found a couple of cribs that we really liked for their simplicity and baby environment friendly. We plan to refinish the rocker my mom used with Brieanne and I. We are also going to refinish my toybox from childhood. We had planned on converting the desk I used growing up into a changing table until Brieanne called on Monday while I was on my way back to work from my doctor appointment. She reminded me about a promotion that both of us had entered in April by one of the crib manufacturers that we were looking at. She won the promotion which meant she won a changing table! So, Brieanne gets the gold star for the week. The changing table and accompanying crib can be see on the dsign sample above. Stay tuned as the nursery continues to unfold.

1 comment:

bM said...

Gold star for the week? I think I get the gold star for the pregnancy...teeheehee...I guess I'll have to keep working for that title...