Monday, May 5, 2008

16 no 17 no 16

Today I had a doctor appointment. After assuring Josh that there would not be an ultrasound he felt more comforted about not being able to be at there. I met my doctor for the first time (just switched from Vallejo to Walnut Creek and got assigned all new doctors). She was wonderful and I look forward to meeting with her in the future.

We received clarification about the due date. Evidently ultrasounds spit out a due date based on some markers from the picture but the doc's office doesn't always go with that. So I thought we were 17 weeks 2 days along but in reality we're 16 weeks 5 days along (four days, big deal). We're back in the middle of October. So we've regressed from onion to avocado in size but that's perfectly appropriate for Cinco De Mayo, right?

Today I got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler device. Truly amazing. Though I haven't felt the baby move yet the doctor assured me he/she was. We'd hear wub wub wub (the heartbeat) then whoosh (a kick) and woosh and wub wub wub woosh. The doctor said "are you sure you can't feel anything because this baby is kicking like crazy." The baby was also difficult to pin down because he/she was moving all over and we kept having to move the doppler to get the heartbeat.

Again, I am in awe of this miracle.

1 comment:

Mark Wenslawski said...

Isn't that the most fun? We went backwards too!