Friday, April 17, 2009

New York Day 3...EASTER

He is risen indeed!

This is the punkinpatch's 100th post....yay for the patch!


We spent Easter morning at mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York. I wish somebody would have told me about the Easter parade before I came to New York, Claire and I would have come prepared with our Easter Bonnets.

We had Easter lunch at a darling cafe called Le Pain Quotidien. It is the only place where the bagettes taste just like the ones you can get in France. Delicious. I also recommend their six vegetable quiche...Brieanne ordered it but I wish I had too. YUM!

After lunch we walked over to Central Park for a lovely but chilly stroll.

The talented Brieanne in action.

After warming up with some hot chocolate and seeing Jackie Mason (an old comedian) in Starbucks and mistaking him for a wax figure (honestly, is all that plastic surgery and botox necessary?) We headed to Times Square.

Enroute to Bryant Park, Claire decided enough was enough with the carrier, she wanted to be held instead so we stopped for a mom/daughter photo op.

Bryant Park, this spot made my top five favs of the trip.


09apr12_057

Claire had her first carousel ride in Bryant Park...maybe this is why it was one of my favorites.

09apr12_065

09apr12_099

After a long day on the go, a little playtime and leg stretching helped Claire relax. I'm sure New York has great nightlife. I'll wait to experience that when Claire is a little older.



And to finish off an evening in the city, a warm bath in the soaker tub.

09apr12_110

No comments: