Monday, April 20, 2009

New York Day Five...the Final Day

Phew...what a trip. Claire was a great sport as long as we were hunkered down for the evening by 6:30 or 7:00 p.m. I was so surprised at how well she did traveling all over the city by Taxi, subway and train.

We planned to swing by the Early Show and say hi to Matt & Meredith since they film right by our hotel but when Claire started playing with my nose and woke me up at 7:45 a.m. we figured we weren't going to get down to the studio in time. I'm certainly not complaining...I LOVED the sleep.

The Empire State Building
The Flat Iron building...way in the background.
Rockafellar Center and NBC Studios.

We met up with Uncle Peter, not a blood uncle but an Uncle nonetheless. It was great to see him and he took over as tour guide showing us a few more sites in NY before we packed up and headed to the airport.

We managed to make it four days without my mom getting into trouble...then came Uncle Peter. We weren't with him but 15 minutes and my mom got in trouble TWICE. Once for going inside the security booth (see photo) and once for standing on the wrong side of the NBC studio window.



This pretty much sums up how Claire and I spent Wednesday after we got back...

No comments: