Sunday, September 14, 2008

4 am

A new pattern has developed in my life. The 4 am pattern. The clock hits 4 am and BING I'm wide awake with a tinge of anxiety in my stomach. The first couple times it was fine. I thought, ok, I'll use this time to pray and just relax. Now that its developed into a pattern I wrestling to meet that time with the same openess and flexibility. I suppose its preparation for things to come but at this point I'd rather stock up on my sleep and worry about the whole no sleeping thing AFTER the baby arrives. Well, not much I can do about it so I'm doing my best to be open minded about this new time I have to myself. I think I startled my mother in law this morning (Gary & Janice were in town this weekend) when she came downstairs to investigate the noise at 4:30 and found me in the kitchen making breakfast preparations.

As Gary and Janice pulled away today, Josh and I were swept up with the dawning realization that the next time we see them, we'll be introducing them to our daughter...YIKES...It doesn't seem possible. Patootie is due one month from tomorrow and I just can't believe how quickly almost nine (ten) months have flown by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any new side shot belly pics for the far away friends? It doesn't have to be bare belly - but just a bump shot?!?! PLEASE?!?!?

I can't believe your little one will be here soon!

I have to admit that I was thinking the other day that if we don't talk on the phone soon, the next time we talk you'll be calling to tell me that Patootie is here!!

SarahV said...

Exciting times! Congratulations on the washer! She'll help you use it! Lots of love, Sarah V.