Thursday, September 11, 2008

Knees

Josh and I have found ourselves wrestling with the questions and reality of what it takes and means to be a parent. Although we've had months to mull this over, the dawning reality has a way of bringing these thoughts to the forefront of our minds with greater frequency and urgency. What kind of mom will I be? What kind of dad will Josh be? I'm confident in the Lord's guidance, provision and mercy on us as we begin this new journey.

We haven't even met this precious bundle and already I've called her everything from a punkin to a stinker to a brat (I know, I know but it was in a moment of pain and discomfort inflicted by Patootie). In the last couple of weeks I have developed discomfort in my right rib cage. Today, at my check up I discovered why. The little stinker has her knee wedged into my rib cage applying almost constant pressure. It seems to be a favorite place of hers...Thank you Patootie.

The check up was another routine appointment. Today I got to see Patootie briefly (less than two minutes) on the ultrasound as they checked her position. I saw the back of her head and that precious little knee. All things look good according to the doctor. We're very grateful. In two weeks I have the doctor's permission to begin wanting Patootie to be born...two weeks...sheesh. That is no time at all. A theme as you will notice from other posts, she can't come just yet...we've got too much to do. Of course, I've heard that these little bundles of joy often operate on their own time schedule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 40:11

He will tend his flock like a shepherd;
he will gather the lambs in his arms;
he will carry them in his bosom,
and gently lead those that are with young.