Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I LOVE three day weekends

The weather cooperated (mostly), our schedule was relatively open and we had a three day weekend. There is something very relaxing/satisfying about going at one's own pace for a whole weekend, especially as the clock ticks down on "life on our terms." I am doing my best to savor each moment. For the first and probably the last time in a while, Josh and I got to just do life together from trips to the dog park to walking around the Lafayette reservoir to running errands.

We weren't completely anti social, Josh took 2nd place at the first annual lawn olympics, organized by some friends in our Sunday School class. We also had dinner with my parents and sis and brother in law to celebrate my parents return from their vacation.

This weekend I was feeling inspired from sewing to cooking and loved the time I had to dabble in pastimes I enjoy. Josh and I became inspired after watching an episode of Throwndown with Bobby Flay and made homemade potstickers...YUM. I couldn't bring myself to deep fry them though so we settled on a healthier pan fried alternative. My sewing projects amounted to receiving blankets and burp cloths for the website Brieanne and I are going to put together for our little side business. More to come about that later. The tricky part about sewing was getting my posture just right so I avoided jabs in the ribs from Patootie.

Slowly but surely we are ticking little projects off our "to do before Patootie comes list." Last week we got our new slider and bathroom window installed. The slider is heavenly, no more holey screen, no more squeaky off track slider. Patootie's room will also be getting a new, enlarged window in the coming weeks and then we can put the finishing touches on her room. Oh and of course, I'm still in love with my washing machine and there was more laundry to do this weekend.

Today we celebrate 34 weeks for Patootie and I. I'm thankful I'm still in the "I enjoy being pregnant" state because we've got more to do before this little one arrives.

4 comments:

Adam and Jen said...

You look great, I want a closer up pic of baby belly! :) I am glad you are in the "enjoying pregnancy stage", not so sure I am still there... haha!

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of your mom with her hand on your belly...your face is priceless!

Miss you!

NicholsSouth said...

Hey! Ryan and I have been checking out your blog every now and again to see how things are going! And I've finally figured out how to add friend's links to our blogspot! So I'm going to add you guys! I can't believe how close both you Jen's are! It's nice to share experiences with other prego's! Congrats!

Jacqueline said...

It's fun to see you pregs. :) Enjoy these last few weeks with the babe inside!